Be Inspired by flight!
There is something magical about flight, no matter what age you are. The joy in the eyes of a toddler is equally inspiring to us as the trained and knowledgeable eye of a veteran experiencing the treasures of The Hangar Flight Museum for the first time. We recommend you plan at least an hour to explore the Museum, though you could certainly spend longer to delve deeper into the stories of the men and women who made Canadian aviation what it is today.
Hours of Operation
We are open on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays 10am-4pm. We are using timed ticketing, book your visit now: buy tickets.
We will also be open on Monday August 3 for Heritage Day and Monday September 7 for Labour Day.
(65+ years of age)
(12 to 17 years or with valid student ID card)
(3 -11 years)
Free Children: FREE
(2 years old and under)
Family - $35.00
Includes 2 adults and 4 children (17 year and under).
You can also save on multiple visits by purchasing a Membership.
Update on Covid-19:
The Hangar Flight Museum now has timed ticketing up and running as well as one-way flow pathways through the museum and we are opening on June 5, 2020. Our current plans for a slow return to full operations will see the museum open on Fridays and Saturdays with online ticket purchasing only. We will be adding more operational days as we are able. We are looking forward to having visitors at the museum again - our airplanes have been quite lonely without you!
Here are some of the precautions we are taking to make your safety a top priority:
1. As of August 1, 2020 as a public facility in the City of Calgary it is mandated for visitors over the age of 2 to wear masks (Bylaw 26M2020). Staff will also be wearing masks.
2. We will require all visitors to use hand sanitizer when they enter the building. It will be available in a few locations throughout our space.
3. We are setting up one-directional traffic so that no one has to pass each other at close pinch points. We're keeping the traffic indicators on theme with arrivals and departures signs! Don't forget, we are a museum with altitude!
4. When you arrive at the Museum we will go through a quick health checklist to ensure that you're not currently displaying symptoms that would make it unsafe for you to visit. All staff are also undergoing checklists at the beginning of their shifts.
5. Our new maximum capacity is 24 visitors. This gives each visitor a 10 metre squared space allotment. To ensure that we are not going above that capacity, and to further reduce touch points at the Museum, tickets will be available online only at this time. You will be purchasing tickets for a specific arrival time on a specific date.
6. We recommend that you plan your museum visit around not using our public washrooms - though they will be available if you need them.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about our safety precautions. email@example.com